Kalita Blessing is a principal at Quest. She joined Quest in 1993 and was named partner in 1999. She is Quest Capital Management’s leading wealth advisor* and has over 20 years’ experience helping families manage and preserve their wealth, as well as meet their philanthropic goals to maximize impact in the community at large.
A fifth-generation Texan and Dallas native, Kalita is an active member of professional and civic organizations in Dallas and shares her passion for giving back through philanthropy with her clients. In order to enhance her knowledge of charitable giving, Kalita participated in the first Dallas pilot program for Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®), which provided a vigorous curriculum of education in philanthropic planning. Kalita now works with the some of the children and grandchildren of her original clients, and her goal is to help them further their giving in creative and thoughtful ways.
Since 40% of her clients are women, Kalita has a particular passion in helping empower women to better understand their financial affairs. Whether they are divorced or widowed, Kalita understands the complex issues they face and assists clients in transition wherever they are in the spectrum. In addition, Kalita is encouraging more women to enter the financial planning field. She and a group of colleagues are focusing on helping women who want to change careers and enter the industry.
*based on assets under management
Achievements in Philanthropy
- Dallas Women’s Foundation, Power of the Purse Advisor and Philanthropist Award - 2013: Power of the Purse© is given annually to a woman who has made a significant difference in women’s lives through charitable contributions and has provided leadership and support of women’s issues. Philanthropist Award is given to a wealth advisor who empowers individuals to make a meaningful impact on the community through philanthropic investments.
Professional and Community Commitment
- President, Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Member, Baylor Heath Care System Foundation Board
- Member, Advisory board of the Dallas Foundation
- Member, Advisory board of the Dallas Women’s Foundation
- Member, Women’s Advisory Council, Raymond James
- Member, Advisory committee, Society of St. John the Evangelist monastery in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Education and Professional Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts in international policy studies, Dartmouth College (Among the college’s first classes with female graduates.)
- The Hockaday School, Dallas
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®
- Accredited Estate Planner®
- Registered Investment Advisor Agent with Quest
- Registered Representative with Raymond James Financial Services
- Licensed through the Texas Department of Insurance and many other states where her out-of-state clients may reside.
Out of the Office
Married to Edward W. Blessing, Kalita enjoys traveling and playing tennis.