Carl joined Quest in 1997 and was named partner in 2003. His customized approach to working with clients and other members of a financial planning team comes from years of leading professional and technical staffs through problem solving to find solutions. From these years of experience, he has helped families transform undefined goals into actionable strategies designed to meet those goals.
The skills he acquired in his previous career in the United States Marine Corps contribute to his discipline and thoroughness in providing families with insight into achieving their financial goals. This skillset helps him deliver innovative and strategic solutions that focus on building his clients’ wealth, managing and preserving it, and ultimately helping him make a positive difference in their lives.
Carl specializes in working with busy professionals and has an expertise in developing investment strategies to help build and maintain wealth, retirement distribution solutions and estate planning.
Professional and Community Commitment
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, Institute of Investment Management Consulting
- Member, National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
- Member, Collaborative Law Institute
- Member, Institute of Business and Finance
- Member, Foundation for Financial Planning
- Member, Southern Illinois University Alumni Association
- Member, CEO Network Partners, Knights of Columbus
Honors and Rankings
- D Magazine’s Best Financial Planners in Dallas, 2002 - 2016:
D Magazine asked every Certified Financial Planner™ professional in the Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter of Financial Planning Association® to cast an online ballot. Outside-firm votes counted more than inside-firm votes. Self-nominations were tossed out. A panel of esteemed local financial planners reviewed the list. Only CFP® professionals made the list.
- D Magazine’s Top Wealth Managers in Dallas, 2002 - 2016:
D Magazine asked every wealth management firm and team in Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter of Financial Planning Association®, Chartered Financial Analyst Association®, and the Investment Consultants Association® to tell us about their practice. The final list was selected based on these criteria: top firms or teams must have total assets under management for individual clients of at least $50 million; average assets under management per client of at least $75,000; a 93 percent client retention rate over the last two years; no current disciplinary action; and at least five years of experience. A panel of esteemed local wealth managers reviewed the final list.
Education and Professional Credentials
- Master of Science in international relations, Troy State University, Pi Kappa Phi
- Bachelor of Science in management, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, summa cum laude, Pi Kappa Phi
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional
- Certified Investment Management Analyst®
- Investment Management Consultant®
- Accredited Estate Planner®
- Series 7, 24, 31, 51, 63 and 65 licensed
- Registered Investment Advisor Agent with Quest
- Registered Principal with Raymond James Financial Services
- Registered Principal with the National Futures Association
- General Lines Insurance licensed for life, accident and health
Out of the Office
A retired US Marine officer and Naval Aviator, Carl is married to his high school sweetheart and has two grown daughters. He enjoys golf, scuba diving, underwater photography and sailing.